Thursday, March 19, 2009

all that good Stuff

So, it's been a week since my last blog, but that's because I've been super busy since then. But I got some time now, especially since I can't sleep, to blog, so here I am.

Side note: I am currently listening to one of my favorite songs as I type this. It's "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher" by Jackie Wilson. This song puts me in the best mood no matter what's going on around me. It's been my song of the week a couple times now. It's just a really great song! Love it.

Spring Break

I spent my Spring Break in LA, as we know, and it was just awesome. I loved it. I loved just hanging out with my friends, not having to worry about anything or do anything. It was so much fun. Got to see a couple more celebs while I was out there too. The biggest was probably Adam Sandler. We saw him at this restaurant called Barney's Beanery. It was a really good restaurant, too. And our waitress was really cute. But that's not why it was so good, it just was. It was a fun environment. What was really cool was the tables had all these pictures of celebrities taken out of magazines and stuff. And the absolutely freaky thing was that out of all the places for me to sit at the table, was that I sat down and right where I was sitting was a huge picture of Debra Messing. Now, that's only important for the people who know my story with Debra Messing. It was so funny because I didn't even realize it was her when I sat down. It took me about 15 minutes before I even realized she was there. Freaky. I think Deb is stalking me...

Overall, it was just a great Spring Break. Really glad I got to go.

The L Word

I didn't get a chance to talk about the season finale of The L Word yet. There's really not much to say. It sucked just like the rest of the season. We still don't know who killed Jenny, but we do know that Alice is the one who gets stuck with it because we know that Leisha Hailey is getting a spin-off where she goes to prison for killing Jenny. WTF? I still can't believe that... Anyways, the semi-good news is that Tasha and Alice are still together, we think. It's not really made clear that they stay together, but since Alice is going to jail, I don't see much of a future there.

The only thing I liked about the finale was the very end when all the characters start walking into the police station. They start out looking very sad, and upset, but then they start smiling. I loved that they were smiling because it looked like they all knew something and that none of them was going to give up the others. It also made it seem like they really weren't that upset about Jenny being dying, which I also liked because none of them had a reason to care that she was gone. The only thing that F'ed up that scene was that they showed Jenny walking in with them at the end. Hello?!! She's suppose to be dead! It ruined what I thought was the only good part of the whole episode. So, when I think about the ending I just picture it without Jenny. The way it should have been.

We were also told during the season that Carmen (Sarah Shahi) would be appearing in the final episode, and we (the remaining fans) got really excited. We didn't know, however, that 1) it would only be for 5 seconds, 2) that it would be via recorded video segment, and 3) that we wouldn't even get to hear what she was saying because the characters were talking over her part. Again, WTF?

It was just, overall, a hugely disappointing ending to a really good show. Sad it had to go out like that.

Nastaha Richardson

Yesterday, the wonderfully talented and beautiful actress, Natasha Richardson died. I couldn't believe it, and still can't. Three days ago she was taking ski lessons and fell, and hit her head. She was fine to begin with, but an hour later complained of a headache. She was considered brain dead, and her family pulled the life support plug, and she died a day later. It's just so sad and tragic for something like this to happen. She was only 45. One of the first movies I saw her in was Nell. I remember her and Liam Neeson, and I remembered how much I loved both of their characters, especially since they ended up together in the end. They got married in real life shortly after, and I was so excited for them. Next time I saw her was in The Parent Trap, the remake. I love that movie, and especially her in it. I loved her character. She did such a good job in that movie. She was also in Maid In Manhattan, another favorite. It's going to be so hard to watch any of these movies now. It's just so hard to believe. She will be deeply, deeply missed.

Lost

Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet) is still alive. That's really all that matters. Done.

Portia De Rossi

Portia De Rossi has been one of the loves of my life since I first saw her 10 years ago on Ally McBeal. I've been watching her ever since. I knew her before anyone else. And the fact that she's Australian doesn't hurt at all, either. Portia was on Ellen Monday. Like as a guest, not just there. It was really cute to see them together, and see Ellen interview her wife. The whole segment just made me love Portia even more. She was on the show because Portia has a new tv show that just aired last night (Wednesday). It's a dark comedy, I guess you call it. She plays a character named Veronica, the boss at some company that makes things. I thought it was pretty good. It might take others a few episodes to like it though, but of course, I'm completely and honestly biased on the matter, so it doesn't really matter what I actually think. :) I'll watch anything with Portia, good or bad.

The show airs Wednesday nights at 8:30pm on ABC. (Right before Lost and Elizabeth Mitchell.) Bonus.

The Little Things

I just wanted to say how funny I find it that, now that I've gradutated, there are so many people that want my help. I guess I've been dubbed the "Sound Person," which is cool and all, but now I'm constantly being asked by people to help them on their projects. I don't remember being asked for this much help when I was actually in school. I'm not complaining or anything, I just find it very interesting, and funny. Am I the only person that knows how to do sound? And if so, how sad is that? And it makes me wonder, too, was I their first choice to help, or the last resort since no one else could do it? I just wonder sometimes, ya know...?

I guess that's all I got for now.

Until tomorrow.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment