Thursday, March 12, 2009

my spring break so Far

So, I arrived in LA this past Monday, and have had a blast so far. It has been the ultimate break. It's funny too, because I never went on a "real" Spring Break until now, and now I'm not even in school anymore. Funny.

I didn't get here until Monday night so we didn't really do anything that night except hang, which was fun too.

On Tuesday, we slept in a little. Then we picked up Carrie from the airport and headed over to Melrose and Sunset Blvd. (DJ Sunset Blvd!) After that, we came back and picked up Robbi from the Metro station. After that we met up with Chatfield and headed over to The Grove and got some grub. That was by far the best French Dip sandwich I've ever had. Ever. Really good Black Cherry Soda, too. After that the night had only just begun. We walked down the street at the Grove to see a free concert. The concert was by the Ballas Hough Band. The lead singers were Mark Ballas and Derek Hough from Dancing With The Stars. So, they started our night of celeb sightings... but since they were "celebs" their celeb friends were there too.

The list:
Julianne Hough
Shannon Elizabeth
Cheryl Burke
Lacey Schwimmer
Lil Kim
Cody Linley
Shawn Johnson
Bruno (judge from DTWS)


There were a couple other "celebs" but I didn't really know who they were. Apparently the guy who showed his "goods" in the movie Sex and the City was there too. Also, an athlete was there too, that I didn't know, but that's okay. It was a lot of fun. On Wednesday we went to Hermosa beach. It was pretty cold, and not very sunny, but it was fun. We played some frisbee, which sucked because of the wind, but again, it was fun. Me, Robbi, and Carrie went walking on the beach. Scof and Mitch went surfing but the waves weren't really there. That night we went out, got drunk, and don't really know what else happened.

We went to Hollywood on Thursday. Got to see Kodak Theatre, Gramuns Chinese Theatre, and some of the stars on the Walk of Fame. It was pimp. Also, got to meet up with my Lost World friend Marline (Leener) and we went and had lunch. It was really good seeing her again. I haven't seen her since my freshmen year of college. It was really nice.

We also got to go to the Griffith Park Observatory where they filmed Rebel Without A Cause, one of my favorite movies. It was really cool. We got to see Saturn, the planet, and that was cool, too, especially since one of my favorite movies was filmed there.

Tonight we went to a bar called Happy Ending. We saw Vinnie Jones there. He's a lot shorter than I thought he was but still a good looking guy. We got tipsy, again, and I was hit on by a male bartender. The only reason I didn't mind was because he gave me more alcohol than normal and let me skip in front of everyone else. He was cool. Thanks guy.

Until tomorrow.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment