Sunday, February 8, 2009

slumdog millionaire is Amazing

So, I went and saw Slumdog Millionaire last night with my friends. I went in to the movie with sort of low expectations. I knew it had won best film (drama) at SAG and the Golden Globes, but award show don't mean much to me anymore. There are plenty of movies that have won best film that I thought sucked, so I was a little nervous going into this one thinking it was all just hype.

Was I ever wrong!

This film was absolutely AMAZING! No doubt one of the best movies I've seen ever, especially in recent years. It way exceeded my expectations. I figured it would be good, but had no idea it would be that good. Everyone should definitely go see it. And please support it by seeing it in the movie theatre and not watching a bootleg version. It's definitely worth the money to see it!

The acting was amazing, especially by the little kids. We see the three main characters in three stages of their lives, 6-7 years old, 13-14, and later around 18-19. The child who played the main character Jamal (Ayush Mahesh Khedekar) at his youngest age was outstanding. He deserves some major kudos on this one. And the actors who played the oldest Jamal (Dev Patel) and Latika (Frieda Pinto) were fantastic, as well.

It's an amazing film! Go see it!

Until tomorrow.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment