Tuesday, February 17, 2009

the weekend, the l word, & the Reader

So, this weekend I went home to see my mom and my animals. I LOVE going home to see them. I miss them all the time. It was Valentine's Day weekend too, so I took my mom to see Slumdog Millionaire. Yes, I have now paid to see it twice. It was just that good. I really wanted her to see it. And some how, it was even better than the first time I saw it. It was like I got to experience it in a completely different way this time. It was great. Also, at home, my mom and I made brisket, and it was sooo good! My grandma use to make it all the time, and I hated it when I was a kid, but now I love it. So good! And I hung out with my animals, Faline (Beanie), Niquee, Missy, Midget, Bob, Otter and Twin (Princess Fluffy Long Tail). I love them to death. I wish I could bring my Niquee up to Athens with me, but its just too darn expensive to have a pet here. I think she would like it though. She's a loner kitty and needs to be by herself. Anyways, that was the weekend.

Wait, I forgot to mention I got "food poisoning" over the weekend. I took my mom to one of our favorite restaurants for V-Day, and they cooked wax paper into my food. I got sick after 2-3 bites, and didn't realize it was the food. I took it home, thinking the food was okay, and that it was just me, and then the next day, started eating it, got sick again, and then saw the wax paper cooked into the food. It was not a good experience at all. So, don't eat wax paper, ok?

The L Word...

This week's L Word was okay... I thought it was better than last week's, but still not worthy of a series finale season. Several things...

1) Love, love, love Leisha Hailey. She is brilliant. She's the first person of the 5 people to say they hate Jenny, that I actually believe would kill her on the spot. She was fantastic this entire episode. Well, she's pretty good every episode, but still. I loved it.

2) Hate, hate, hate the character Jamie. "I hate Uncle Jamie!" (Sorry, had to throw that in there. It's one of my favorite lines from the movie Love Actually) They need to get her out of the picture, and quick. She's trying to break up Tasha and Alice, even though not on purpose, and it's driving me nuts! Every time I see them together, I get pissed. Long Live Talice!

3) Jenny really is crazy.

4) Not near enough Rose Rollins this episode. It was 30-minutes in before we even got to see her, and then she only had about 2 lines the entire episode. Not cool.

Overall, I don't have much of a general opinion of this episode. It was just okay. "LMFAO" has by far been the best episode of the season, and nothing is even coming close to comparing to it. The preview for next week looks really good though, so I'm hoping for something from that one.

The Reader

Went and saw The Reader last night. Twas not good. The acting was pretty good, and Kate Winslet did do a fantastic job, but the story was just not there. It was long, slow, and boring. Not much to even say about it really. We left the movie laughing, and it definitely was not a comedy. Yeah... not so good. Probably won't be taking the parental to see that one anytime soon.

Until tomorrow.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment